- Description: This is a large patch of dark nebulosity which from a good
site, can be glimpsed with the naked eye. A treat in binoculars! You can see in
this shot that the dust causes some reddening of the background stars. Some forest
fire smoke was present during this shot. Field of view is about 2 x 3 degrees.
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME at -20C
- Filters: AstroDon RGB set.
- Scope: Takahashi FS-60C refractor at f4.4
- Exposure: 4x10min red, 4x10min green, 4x10min blue.
- Location: summit of Mt. Kobau, BC.
- Date: August 21st, 2009