- Description: Nebulosity around Gamma Cygnus, known collectively as IC1318. This is the
first complete image with my smallest refractor, the Takahashi FS-60C. This image shows that the
deep red of hydrogen-alpha penetrates forest fire smoke nicely with a minimum of scattered light.
In western Canada this will prove to be handy as we tend to get a lot of forest fire smoke in the
summer. Field of view in this image is about 2 x 3 degrees.
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME at -15C
- Filter: AstroDon 6nm Hydrogen-alpha.
- Scope: Takahashi FS-60C refractor at f4.4
- Exposure: 9x10min H-a
- Location: summit of Mt. Kobau, BC.
- Date: August 20th, 2009