- Description: NGC7000 - The Gulf of Mexico region of the North America Nebula.
- Camera: SBIG ST-8XE
- Telescope: Takahashi FSQ-106N
- Filter: Schuler 10nm Hydrogen Alpha.
- Exposure: 6 x 20 minutes at -15C.
- Guiding: self guided
- Location: near Cayley, Ab.
- Date: May 14th 2005.
- Notes: Taken during an intense aurora outbreak. The aurora was bright enough to block out most
naked eye stars and covered the entire sky. It would appear that the Schuler filter is very effective at
reducing this natural light pollution! This is also the "first light" image for the ST-8XE.