- Description: This is a collection of large, faint emission nebula in Auriga the Charioteer.
IC405 is the larger of the two on the right, IC410 on the left. Embedded in IC410 is a cluster of
stars - NGC1893. This is a magnitude 7.5 open cluster of about 60 stars. This is a "first light" photo using
some new equipment that will allow me to shoot some types of images from home! Since 1986 I have left
town to take pictures so this is a proof of concept image. The amount of sky I can see is limited but
off to a good start!
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME at -15C
- Filters: AstroDon 6nm Hydrogen-alpha filter.
- Scope: Takahashi FS-60C refractor at f4.4
- Exposure: 8 x 10 minutes.
- Location: S.W. Calgary, Alberta
- Date: April 16th, 2021