- Description: Globular clusters M53 (right) and NGC5053 (left) in Coma Berenices. Both
globular clusters are at a similar distance away but have very different densities of stars. M53
is a tighter class V globular at 65000 LY distance, NGC5053 is a looser class XI at 49.5K light years.
For a close-up view, click here.
- Camera: SBIG ST-8XE with SBIG RGB filters at -20C.
- Mount: Astro-Physics 900QMD
- Scope: Takahashi FSQ-106
- Exposure: 3x10 minutes red, 4x10 green, 4x10 blue.
- Location: Wilson Coulee Observatory, Alberta
- Date: May 5, 2007