- Description: This is a large, naked-eye open cluster
between Andromeda and Triangulum. 60 stars in a 49 arc minute field make this a great
binocular object. Field of view in this image is about 2 x 3 degrees. Some forest fire smoke
was present during this shot. Even with the smoke, if you look carefully there are at least a half
dozen faint galaxies in this field. But they are VERy small!
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME at -20C
- Filters: AstroDon RGB set.
- Scope: Takahashi FS-60C refractor at f4.4
- Exposure: 5x3min red, 5x3min green, 5x3min blue.
- Location: summit of Mt. Kobau, BC.
- Date: August 21st, 2009