- Description: First image with the ST-10XME camera on the Takahashi FSQ refractor!
NGC7000 - or the North America Nebula - is too big to fit in this image, this is the Gulf of
Mexico region. Using an OIII or UHC filter and low power, this is a great area to sweep with
a telescope. Field of view is 1 x 1.5 degrees.
This is also the first image that I used Excalibrator on the determine accurate colour balance.
Very pleased with the results!
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME at -20C
- Filters: AstroDon RGB set.
- Scope: Takahashi FSQ refractor
- Exposure: 8x5min red, 8x5min green, 8x5min blue.
- Location: Wilson Coulee Observatory, AB.
- Date: Sept 11th, 2009