- Description: Nebulosity in Cassiopeia - a busy region. For nebula, the top "tilde"
shaped part is known as NGC7822. The brighter section below that is Sh2-171 and embedded in this
is open cluster Berkeley 59 containing 40 stars. The smaller circular nebula at the bottom is Sh2-170.
The largest open cluster in the upper right is NGC7762, mag 10 and again about 40 stars. Above that is
the smaller cluster King 11, containing about 50 stars. Very tiny but nontheless present is planetary nebula
PK 118+2.1 - I will leave it for the sharper-eyed observers to find!
- Film: hypered Kodak tech pan
- Scope: 8" f1.5 Schmidt camera
- Filter: Wratten 92 - deep red
- Exposure: 50 minutes
- Location: Carseland, Ab. Canada
- Date: November 19, 1995