- Description: A rather faint emission nebula from the Sharpless catalogue. Sh2-173
is located in Cassiopeia, near open cluster NGC103 which is located in the upper right part of the image.
Open cluster Mayer 1 is a loose group of 20 or so stars scattered across the face of Sh2-173. Due to power
problems at Mt. Kobau in 2007, this image is a bit short on exposure time.
- Camera: SBIG ST-8XE at -15C
- Filter: Schuler 10nm hydrogen-alpha
- Scope: Takahashi FSQ-106N
- Mount: Losmandy G-11 Digital
- Exposure: 3 x 30 minutes
- Location: Mt. Kobau B.C.
- Date: August 18, 2007