- Description: Depending on the Messier list you use, there are two different M24's. Some list
the open cluster inside the Small Sagittarius Star Cloud as M24, others list the star cloud itself. I have
gone with the R.A.S.C. handbook list of the star cloud. In this image it is the swath of stars diagonally
across the picture. The other M24 (NGC6603) is the small star cluster left of center of the picture. Other
objects include dark nebula Barnard 93 (left) and B92 (right). The nebula at the bottom is NGC6589/90/95.
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME at -15C
- Filter: AstroDon RGB
- Scope: Takahashi FS-60C with Sky90 compressor
- Exposure: 2 x 5 Minutes per colour
- Location: Mt. Kobau, B.C.
- Date: 13 August, 2010