- Description: Messier 76 - Magnitude 12.2 Planetary Nebula in Perseus, 167 arc seconds in size.
Also known as the Barbell Nebula, One of the more challenging targets on the Messier list. The haze around
the bright magnitude 6.8 star was caused by some forest fire smoke drifting through the field during the exposure.
- A.K.A. NGC650/651, PK 130-10.1, Herschel I-193
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME at -10C
- Filters: AstroDon Gen 1 RGB filters
- Scope: TMB-175 Refractor (7" f8.2 triplet)
- Exposure: 5 x 10 minutes red, 4 x 10 minutes green and blue
- Location: Alberta Star Party at Starland Recreation Area, Alberta.
- Date: September 24, 2011