- Description: NGC7129 is the compact open cluster embedded in reflection nebula
NGC7133, left of center. The larger open cluster above center is NGC7142. Due to power failures this image is
a bit short on exposure time but still makes for an interesting shot. NGC7129 is a cluster of
10 stars, 8 arc minutes across, magnitude 11.5. NGC7142 is more impressive involving 100 stars
covering a smaller 4.3 arc minutes - magnitude 9.3.
- Camera: SBIG ST-8XE at -15C
- Filter: SBIG RGB set
- Scope: Takahashi FSQ-106N
- Mount: Astro-Physics AP900QMD
- Exposure: 10 minutes blue, 10 green and 2 x 10 red at -15C.
- Location: Mt. Kobau B.C.
- Date: August 15, 2007