- Description: NGC7000 - The Gulf of Mexico region of the North America Nebula. Taken during an intense
aurora outbreak. The aurora was bright enough to block out most naked eye stars and covered the entire sky. It
would appear that the Schuler filter is very effective at reducing this natural light pollution! This is also
the "first light" image for the ST-8XE.
- Camera: SBIG ST-8XE
- Telescope: Takahashi FSQ-106N
- Filter: Schuler 10nm Hydrogen Alpha.
- Exposure: 6 x 20 minutes at -15C.
- Guiding: self guided
- Location: near Cayley, Ab.
- Date: May 14th 2005.