- Description: Bright globular cluster in Scorpius. This field never gets very
high above the horizon from Calgary and is often washed out by forest fire smoke or haze.
Finally had a good night - first night with the one-shot colour camera - and was happy
to pull this out of the sky. To the upper left of M4 is a smaller globular, NGC6144. The
yellow cloud to the left is part of the Rho Ophiuchus complex.
- Camera: SBIG ST-8300C at -20C
- Scope: Takahashi FSQ-106N
- Filter: Baader Luminance
- Exposures: 12 x 5 minutes
- Mount: Astrophysics AP900QMD
- Guiding: SBIG ST-i via off-axis guider
- Location: near Cayley, Alberta
- Date: May 15, 2023