- Description: - M34 - open cluster in Perseus. 34 arc minutes in diameter, magnitude 5.2 containing about 60 stars.
There are a number of small, faint galaxies in this image too. Towards the very right, just above centre is a small green disc -
this is planetary nebula Abell 4 at 20 arc seconds across. Right beside magnitude 15.6 galaxy PCG10427 - you can't miss it...
- A.K.A. - Herschel H 248, NGC1039
- Camera: SBIG ST-8XE at -20C
- Filter: SBIG RGB filter set
- Scope: Takahashi FSQ-106 - 530mm at f5
- Guiding: SBIG self guiding
- Exposure: 2 x 10 minutes per colour
- Location: near Cayley, Alberta, Canada
- Date: September 15 2007