- Description: Faint nebulosity in Auriga not far from IC405 and IC410. Sh2-232 is the
circular patch on the left side of the field. Next to it is Sh2-235 (lower right) and Sh2-231.
(right again) The open cluster to the far right is Messier 38. M38 (NGC1912) contains about 100
stars in an area about 21 arc minutes across. Magnitude 6.4. It is a bit small at this image scale but below
M38 is a smaller open cluster, NGC1907. Only 30 stars glowing at mag 8.2 but nice in a good scope.
- Camera: SBIG ST-8 (parallel port edition), CFW8
- Optics: Olympus 180mm f2.8 with Johnson Widefield Adapter
- Filter: Schuler 10nm Hydrogen-alpha
- Exposure: 6 x 30 minutes at -25C.
- Guiding: self guided
- Location: near Cayley, Ab.
- Date: November 13th, 2004