- Description: - M54 - Globular clusterin Sagittarius. 12 arc minutes in diameter, magnitude 7.7.
A single short shot as this is tough to image from Calgary, rising no more than 18.5 degrees above the horizon.
Using a red filter helped to cut through light forest fire haze.
- A.K.A. - Herschel H 3763 (John Herschel), NGC6715
- Camera: SBIG ST-F8300M at -15C
- Filter: Baader RGB filter set
- Scope: Takahashi FSQ-106 - 530mm at f5
- Guiding: SBIG ST-i and OAG
- Exposure: 1 x 10 minutes in red
- Location: near Cayley, Alberta, Canada
- Date: September 4 2013