- Description: - A bright, barred SA spiral in Virgo, magnitude 9.6. 5.9 x 4.7 arc
minutes in size, located in the upper right on this image. There are many other
galaxies in this image, most prominent are the interacting pair ngc4567/68 on the lower
left part of this image - a.k.a. the Siamese Twins - which were discovered by Sir William
Herschel in 1784. (Herschel catalogue IV-8 and IV-9) To the right of the Twins is
edge-on ngc4564 at mag 12.1. (Herschel II-68) North is on the right in this image.
- A.K.A. - NGC4579, Herschel 1368.
- Camera: SBIG STF-8300M
- Filter: Baader Luminance
- Scope: Astro-Physics AP130EDT, 1086mm at f8.35
- Guiding: SBIG ST-i through OAG-8300
- Exposure: 15 x 10 minutes at -15C or 2.5 hours
- Location: near Cayley, Alberta.
- Date: May 5, 2013