- Description: Messiers 65 and 66 - Galaxies in Leo. While NGC2903 may be the brightest
galaxy in Leo, this pairing is close. M65 (left) is bright at magnitude 10.3, size is 9.8 x 2.8
arc minutes. M66 is a bit brighter at magnitude 9.7 - size is 9.1 x 4.1 arc minutes. Distance to
this pair is about 35 million light years.
- Camera: SBIG STF-8300M at -20C
- Filter: Baader LRGB
- Scope: Vixen VC200L (1800mm F9)
- Mount: Astro-Physics AP900QMD
- Exposure: 6 x 10 min per LRGB channel binned 2x2
- Location: Wilson Coulee Observatory, Alberta.
- Date: April 6, 2022