- Description: NGC185 - E3 elliptical in Cassiopeia, companion to the Andromeda Galaxy.
This image identifies some of the known globular clusters in and around NGC185. They were originally
identified by H.C. Ford, G. Jacoby and D.C. Jenner in the Astrophysical Journal 213, 18-36 1977. This
interesting paper is based on
this work. Since then, FJJ VI has been identified as a background elliptical galaxy by the Hubble Space
Telescope leaving only seven globulars at this time. Thanks to Bernhard Hubl of Nussbach, Austria for
bringing these objects to my attention!
- Camera: SBIG ST-8XE at -15C
- Filter: SBIG standard clear.
- Scope: 8" f6 Newtonian
- Mount: Modified Meade DS-16 mount
- Exposure: 5 x 20 minutes
- Location: near Cayley, Alberta.
- Date: September 2, 2006